Install ubuntu Using VM Virtual box
- open VM Virtual box and click on New… a pop-up window will open.
- click on next and follow next image
- click on next and choose “create hard disk now”
- click on create and choose the type of hard disk – vdi
- After that choose “dynamically created”
- After that, you have to give memory size
- you will see a new machine named Ubuntu-new has been created but it is powered off. And when you will power on this machine, you will get an error –
FATAL: No bootable medium found! System Halted.
To solve this problem. power off the machine and right click and go to setting.
now navigate to storage and click on the marked position.
As you will click a new pop-up will open to choose disk
after this, you will see below image
Now power on your machine to begin installation of Ubuntu.
Here you will be given 2 choice- try and install. choose install and click next. Then it will ask you to whether to download the updates during installing Ubuntu or not. click on continue.
In this post, we will erase the disk and install Ubuntu only.
then a Pop-Up window will open. click on continue.
choose your location … although it is auto-detected
then it will ask you for keyboard layout
Finally, it will ask about the user- who you are.
Then Ubuntu will start installing on your machine.
After downloading updates and copying new files, a Pop-Up will open stating -“Installation complete”.
If the internet is not working on your virtual machine then visit here